Thursday, May 25, 2006

while jogging

Lightening spills out across the night sky and a roar of thunder soon follows.
Trees begin to bend in the wind, as the vanguard of the Strom approaches.
I'm in the middle of a late night run and have now begun to sprint just to get home before the down pour.
The sky again erupts in a splendid blue as a lightening bolt cuts through it, branching out in five directions, then turns dark again just as quickly.
The first rain drops fall to the ground.
I think to myself that its funny how you run the hardest when you want to keep dry. Its that flight instinct that you get right when you feel the tears coming, even when they're from the sky.
Nobody really wants waterfalls streaking down there face.
Must be why I'm in such good shape.
The thunder roars.
I think about that,
We're really not afraid of all the glitz and glamour that come with storms, we're afraid of the down pour that follows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home