Friday, May 19, 2006

Out Of Town Blues

Outside the rain has stopped and I lay awake in my bed thinking of you.
Its late and I can't sleep and I'm on my back gazing into a deep black nothing void and there are a thousand images running through my mind as I think and wonder where you are right now. Makes me feel good, the images I mean. The wondering doesn't. Gives me a sense of panic. Outside the weather seems to mock my thoughts. Behind me the window is cracked an inch open and a breeze rushes in and its cold and makes me shiver. I pull the blanket close, wishing there was more. Outside the wind begins to blow harder and I think to myself that another storm is coming. I'm tired of them. Water drips from the roof, to puddles below. Leaves sway with gusts and the branches creak and my arm moves to the side and it touches only cold and empty ripples from the sheets.
Its weird that I miss you. I never have before, before these days. Then realized that I do miss you. Bad.
All I want to do is fall asleep with your face as the last thing I see.
I can't sleep though. Fucking irony.
Too cold.
And I lay there.
Wondering with my out-of-town blues.
....
Sometime around dawn my eyes close and I'm asleep. Dreaming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home