Thursday, May 04, 2006

Finals

I leave wondering what I've accomplished today.
"Today's an understatement," I say. "When have I had the chance to really go to sleep?" to end my day.
Its been a while.
I can't help but wonder if the struggle was worth this victory.
"What victory?" I think. I walk out into the 3 in the morning dark, wondering what I've won.
Was the juice worth the squeeze? The ticket worth the price?
Maybe.
Maybe not.
A lot has changed.
there's been a lot of beginnings. A lot of ends.
A lot of final things. Said. Done. Never wanted. Probably needed.
Despite the fact that I haven't slept in months I still want more.
Last year I slept for days, after things were finalized.
This year I don't know what I'll do.
Not really tired.
"What time is it?" I ask the guy that walks by me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home