Friday, November 11, 2005

sold on limbo

So I'm starring out the window of an office 16 stories up. Its not a bad view.
I can see for miles. Ealry morning sun streaks through the open blinds, flooding the room and blinding my eyes. Below, roads crisscross through the world and the traffic on them is heavy and constant. A shop owner sweeps his sidewalk. A plane begins to drop altitude to land. The trees say with the wind.
I can see the world unfold all around me. In some way thats satisfying. I guess.
I'm in the office and everything is quiet. I havn't decided if its peaceful or agitating. i just can't make up my mind.
Then the phone next to me rings. I don't pick up.
I mean why bother?
So I sit.
Then its my cell phone that rings. I don't pick up.
No sense in it anymore.
I sit, hear a beep in my pocket that lets me know I have a new message.
But I don't give a damn.
I'm starring out the window at the world below and wondering about an idea that has just struck me.
If I leave the office and go out to the elevators in the lobby could I get them to take me all the way up, to the clouds even, so I could get away from this whole place; you know, throw it all on the ground below?
I think in the clouds you don't have a cell phone signal. That means you don't have to worry about people calling.
But at the same time, the thought that I might miss an important call scares the hell out of me.
I'm starring out the window, detached from the world below. Then, suddenly, i reach in my pocket and listen to my message. Its half important, they always are.
So I decided, instead, to stay in my 16th floor limbo where the world is still below my thoughts, yet can still keep in touch if it wants.
I stare out the window and just sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home