Sunday, October 02, 2005

Thinking, episode IV

Good music at first, that makes the night promising.
You say that there's something, something thats got to be done. I'm there and listening, thinking that everything's already been done. I'll admit that I was wrong.
Anyways I'm in a field.
Across from me, on the stage, the lead singer says, "Well its just been a lovely night. I love June. You guys have been a lovely crowd. We're about ready to finish up but stick around for all the other guys, I'm sure they're the one's you came to see."
Its a golden dusk and a breeze from the surrounding hills has come and settled in. It keeps out the smells of the crowd, but, for the most part, the stink of pot still persisits.
Thoughts are free falling through my head.
So I'm thinking about whats gotta be done and thinking about it all makes me sick because there is always alot to be done, especially in this world. I turn to my friend and ask him for the rum, even though I hate rum, because I need a drink and I go ahead and pound two or three and chase it with his Coke.
Its good music playing and I'm sorry that I have to see this band start their last song. I'm getting drunker and my group is too and has decided to take a seat in the grass so I do too. The music man at the head of the stage sings into his can: "you tell me that there's something, hell, something that I've done wrong. I can't stand it, just tell me, girl, what is it that went wrong', and he goes on to string away at his guitar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home