Monday, September 26, 2005

Until we meet again

My stomach growls and I wonder why I'm hungary because I litterally just ate.
Anyways, thats what I'm thinking of when he leans over and offers me a cigarette.
"I don't smoke." I say.
And he says, "Come on and induldge me."
And I think about it.
"The thing with addictive substances and me is that if I start getting hooked I really don't want to stop," I say. It would feel great to take a long hard drag, blow a cloud of dark smoke into the night sky and lean back in my chair as the calming effects of the cancer stick kick in, but... " I'd love to, can't. You see I made a promise that I wouldn't smoke a while back. I like to keep promises."
"Whatever," he says.
"Bad day?
"Yeah, I'd say that. Found out about a few things that I wish I hadn't found out about. Girlfriend's cheating on me. She dosn't know that I know. I'm surprised I havn't hit the bottle yet. You know what I mean? Just a fucking bad day, man."
"I've had plenty of those days."
"Yeah. Sucks."
"What'll you do?"
"Never talk to her again."
"Thats one solution, I've heard of better ones."
"Yeah. Call this a quiet break up."
"Your not even going to talk to her about it?"
"No, I don't care if I ever see her again."
He didn't mean it. "You have to see her again sometime."
"We'll see."
My stomach growls and I say, "I'm going to get something to eat."
He nods. "I need to get out of here anyways. Got some stuff I need to take care of. Ok, well, until we meet again, man."
"Hopefully things will be better," I say.
"Maybe. We'll see."
And he walks away.
And I'm left thinking about a Citizen Cope song and the lyrics start randomly playing in my head:
"Something happens when you're caught searching for an answer
When you're stuck in the middle of a place that you don't belong
When you start to lose sight of what's right and wrong,"
Or something like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home