Sunday, September 18, 2005

After I rally

Ok, so I rally and start sobering up after I've blacked out for the first time tonight.
Ok, so, well then, where the hell am I?
"Man, you've been out there much lately?"
I was standing up over a couch and wondering how I got there.
"What?"
"California?"
Oh, thats what we were talking about, I think.
"No."
And I sit back down. "Where's my drink?" I say out loud and find out that no one is listening. It dosn't matter I find it on the coffee table in front of me and begin to sip.
And as I sip I wonder where I am because there is a girl laying down next to me and two guys on either side of her, touching her.
I'm scanning the crowd for a friend and some border-line whore strolls up and asks to have a sip of my drink.
"Take it." I say.
"So do you like it?"
"What? The drink is great, wouldn't have given it to you if it wasn't."
"No, California?"
"Honey, I havn't been out there in 19 years and probably won't see it before I die. Whats your name?"
"Claire. Like before."
"Oh." So we've met, but now she's offended and walking off and I say to myself that she's probably going to just get on one of those quote, unquote good looking guys on the other side of the room. Whatever.
So I'm sitting, wondering, waiting, not caring to socialize too much but I turn to one of the guys thats molesting the girl on the couch next to me and ask if he knows Clint and he dosn't and as it turns out Clint was at the party before this one and I'm all confused because I have no idea how I got here and he points to Ward, across the room.
"Ward, I need a drink," I say walking to his side, because it's been a bad day.
"Where's the last one?"
And I can't remember. "OK, over here." And he hands me a beer and I ask, "How the hell did we get here?" and he tells me that a sober driver got us here and I open the beer and realize that I shouldn't be here. Belly of the monster, the hornet's nest, I think to myself.
"What happened to the last party," I say.
"That was boring."
"Well I was having fun and at least no one was being rapped."
And right then a girl calls him into the bathroom and I'm left alone so I down the beer and go outside where my other two roomates are throwng rocks at the window of the house next door and I realize that I used to live at the house that is next door, and so did they, and I'm wondering what the hell is going on.
"Hey can we borrow that?" And some border-line whore is starring at me and pointing to something behind me and I notice that I'm wearing a backpack and I take it off and pull out the beer bong thats in it and hold it for her as she takes a hit and says "thank you" with her eyes.
"Those fuckers won't come out." My roommate tells me and points to our old house and shouts "Fuck you!" And I say, "You get mad way too easily," but apparently he's had a bad day so I'm like whatever.
And then we're leaving and I'm wondering where we're going and they keep throwing rocks as we walk past the old house and down the street where we split up and all of a sudden they are both in front of me and behind me respectivly and I've lost the beer bong and most of the beer that I was holding on my back so I figure that home isn't such a bad idea and I start heading there and my phone rings and its Ryan pretending to be drunk and I really am and thats how I know he's not but I'm talking to him anyways and he's telling me about his life and it seems sorrowful so I keep telling him that I'm sorry his night sucked and I really am and he tells me about how his friend is being an asshole and I tell him I can relate because one of mine is too and he gets angry way to easily and I tell Ryan that he's angry, my friend, becasue of his girlfriend and thats what women do to a man and it's kind of sad but thats the way the world works and sometimes I'm happy to be single, but then again often I'm not because nobody is these days and Ryan agrees and he often agrees way too easily and then we hang up and I'm walking home in the dark, alone again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home