Wednesday, September 07, 2005

anti-climactic end

Outside Lexington rushes by. Typical Wednesday. Typical afternoon.
Its warm and sunny and there is not a cloud in the sky. Won't be for at least the next seven days, the weather man says. The park across from my house is filled with kids: playing on the playground, the basketball courts, skateboarding, tag, whatever. Some of the sorority girls were sun bathing on their roofs, care free. The blue courts are all filled up, guys taking advantage of the day. The birds are singing and a cat walks by a dog but the dog just lays there.
Nice day.
And I just got off the phone with my boss and am feeling kind of like the Spartans at Thermoploy: a martyr.
Dead for the sake of others.
I'm getting into my car wondering about things, alot of things. Alot of things that end in question marks. Don't know about this journalism project. Don't know if I actually understood my economics reading. Don't really understand what my Poli-Sci test will be on. When is that test, anyways? Don't know why the Brazilian national team has to cut one of their best players or how they ever came to the position where a good player had to be cut becuase there was just not enough room for that much talent. Fuck. Wondering how the UK football team will do on Saturday.
Wondering about paychecks.
Wondering how drunk I think I'd like to be tonight.
One things for sure though As I pull out of the drive way:
I need a new job.

1 Comments:

Blogger girllawyer said...

UK football... I'll spare you the suspense and predict they're going to choke. ;)

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home