Thursday, April 22, 2010

Text

She texts me if I ran shirtless, I said, "Sure," just to get things a little hot.
No less than 45 seconds later I text back if she's shirtless, to keep the heat on, but she writes, "no," and that she's on the train, and she says, "But I am panty-less," followed by, "Seriously, I didn't pack them."
She claims she forgot.
I text, "hmmm," And don't know what to say, and refrain, or choke, or cough, or grin, or panic, or tense up. But she doesn't know.
"I don't mind." I say it without thinking. It comes out wrong, but seems true enough.
I don't get an instant reply so I throw my phone down, mutter, "tough," maybe said the wrong stuff.
She writes, "ha."
Simple, too simple, really, but a reply non-the-less.
I forget what I reply next, still it's nothing about sex.
Then the breakthrough: "I really like you."
I fumble the answer, draft a text, then erase, than do the same three more times. Normally I'm more tightly laced, I think.
I tell her I agree, simply.
"The train is moving too slow," she says, the conversation suddenly shifting.
I say: "Let's talk more about the things you didn't pack."
There is no response
Pick-up lines are a talent in which I lack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home