Friday, April 09, 2010

Broken TV

Broken everything.
It's 85 degrees outside and the AC won't kick on.
My computer blew two days ago.
The signal fades on my phone.
My tooth brush is old.
My contact prescription is wrong.
I see blurry everything, struggle to adjust my vision.
The office never sent my check from last week.
Ants invade my bathroom.
The milk was expired.
My car is almost out of gas.
Gas is too expensive anyways.
I'm driving to the airport.
To pick you up.
The sunset looks beautiful.
The car windows are down.
My hair is a mess.
I'm smiling.
I look in the rear view mirror and realize I'm smiling.
For no reason.
I had no idea I was smiling.
Or because I'm driving to the airport to pick you up and, suddenly, everything in my life seems so perfect, and there's nothing to worry about, and it all seems so put together.
I can't stop smiling.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alexa said...

I was clicking the "next blog" button over and over again and found you. And for some reason, I really like this one. You're a wonderful writer.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home