Thursday, April 21, 2005

50

The top of the stairs are a long way after twelve shots.
This guy was to my right, leaving the bathroom asking if i got any pot.
I'm at the bottom, working my way to the top.
It might as well be a spiral staircase, cause I'm spinning, then I stop.
Comin' up I was confused, best friend's girlfriend kissin' a girl in a corner, twirled.
Confusin' occurs, in the drunk world
I sit and the girl next to me starts talking, saying:
"Daddy ain't around no more, prolly out committin' felonies."
"Like the song," I say.
My favorite rapper used to sing "ch-check out my melody"
"I wanna live good, so shit I sell dope, blah blah blah/
/For a fo' ring ring, one of them gold ropes
/Nanna told me if I pass I'll get a sheep skin coat
/If I can move a few packs and get the hat, now that'll be dope
/Tossed and turn in my sleep at night
/Woke up the next mornin' niggas done stole my bike
/Different day, same shit, ain't nothin' good in the hood
/I'd run away from this bitch and never come back if I could."
And so I realized......drunk, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home