Monday, April 18, 2005

Tripped

"Hey you want to see a real Mexican take a tequila shot?"
I was standing up, piss drunk and blurry eyed, wondering where the hell I was.
"Chris?"
OK. Who just called my name?
I'm in a room with ten girls and a gay man, who, from what I've discovered, might just be top twenty coolest people ever. You see, when you're drunk you don't have to worry about competition from them.
The Mexican girl is still starring at me.
I say, "You know, I've never been to Mexico."
And she says, "Oh?"
"I've heard good things, though."
"There are wonderful things to see in Mexico."
And as we rhythm and ryhme or conversation along I remember that I was the Poet Laurete in high school.
I think about that as she downs her shot and I'm thinking to myself, "That wasn't that impressive."
From the look on her face I notice that I said that one out loud.
"Can you do better?"
I meant the Poet Laurete.
It's a challenge, but i've already had ten shots in the last twenty minutes.
I say, "Love to, can't. I've had a bit much."
But I don't think it actually comes out of my mouth....
Whatever.
I feel like getting into some trouble. Vodka gives you the strength of ten men, and I've been working out anyways. My partner in crime stands behind me and she's had just as much as I have, if not more. True trooper, I must admit.
So we leave.
Back to the scene.
"Turn on some 50."
"No 50 here, but its still good music."
I agree. You do that when your drunk. I've agreed on some horrible propositions when I was drunk.
Back to the night.
Were walking and its a nice night and I realize that i'm at peace right now and don't really want to cause trouble. Good thing I don't. Apaarently a guy's just been pistol whipped around the corner for running his mouth, or so I'm told the next morning.
I don't want to think about morning, thats when this ends.
Turns out I really don't want it to end and thats a different thought.
This is where I black out.
"See you in the morning," if you know what I mean.
Part two when I regain consciousness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home