Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Traitor

It was the Greek traitor Ephialtes who killed the Spartans at Thermopylae.
Just like Judas, Benedict Arnold or Brutus -- Ephialtes is remembered.
He found his way to strike the back of the Spartan body.
Greek turning on Greek.
And like a Greek tragedy, I think of you.
My world is a tragic affair. Yours makes it all the more so.
Et tu Bruti?
Still, it's a tragic affair I guess I lived through. The knife may have nicked my heart, but I sure as hell am not bleeding out.
I wonder if Ephialtes held a Spartan as he died. Did he ever consider loyalty? Did the Spartan ever consider trechery?
The great ones always believe in absolute loyalty, never expect the dagger to come from close.
This is all history, an old story, though.
Ephialtes, Judas, and Arnold are too cliche. Maybe history will give you your own name.
Unfortunately my name for you is "honey."
It's a poison honey, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home